Become now our new Aerospace Business Development Manager in West of USA!
We are a TOPFLIGHT organization in search of a TOPFLIGHT individual. What do we mean by TOPFLIGHT? We mean people with passion and commitment who are COLLABORATIVE, OPEN MINDED, RESOURCEFUL and ENTREPRENEURIAL and creating lasting results.
The TOPFLIGHT individual will drive the sales of Desoutter assembly tools within the aerospace sector and select MVI customers for the Western United States. This position will encompass direct sales responsibility, distributor management and development, as well as coordination with Desoutter Area Managers. The primary focus is The Boeing Company and the continuation of sales development for Desoutter assembly tools by being the “agent of change” within the Boeing facilities. Other key aerospace customers include Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, United Technologies and others by bringing them the latest in Industry 4.0 smart assembly tool solutions and building a base of business.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive the Desoutter business with Boeing and key aerospace manufacturers with an emphasis on the development of the fastening tool business within the aircraft final assembly segment.
- Act as a leading voice in the design and implementation of an aerospace assembly business plan which is aligned with Desoutter Global Aerospace Strategy and working in conjunction with the aerospace assembly KCM in Seattle.
- Map and identify key stakeholders within the Western Boeing plants and suppliers to include: BR&T (Boeing Research & Technology), Engineering, PTR (Power Tool Repair) , and Purchasing
- Clearly communicate to all account team members (VP Desoutter North America, ASC KCM, ASC Engineers, RSMs, ASMs, project team) regular activity and the plans to follow up.
- Adopt a proactive approach to look for opportunities to ensure “lock in” and set up the local organization to drive incremental business, highlighting selling opportunities for Desoutter products and service to the sales team.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the key customer personnel and influencers, ensuring business/technical solutions are understood and valued.
- Learn and document Boeing values, expectations, and requirements in relation to product testing, evaluation and D 6 approval. Understanding the D6 approval process, which originates in Seattle, and driving it is fundamental to success in this role. This is key for Boeing enterprise wide.
- Ensure high level of customer satisfaction through effective support with our service organization.
- Manage available resources (Customer Center Team)
- Develop awareness and share information on current and upcoming programs, i.e., 777x final production, new Boeing program development, and component flow through suppliers.
- Effective capability with a laptop computer and Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) , Microsoft Project, Pro Engineer Software;
- Is mechanically inclined
- Has reliable engineering skills;
- Financial Management Skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Effective problem solving skills.
People Management Capability
- Applies emotional competence based on emotional intelligence that results in outstanding team performance;
- Treats all people equally and with dignity, empathy, and respect; acts with integrity; takes feedback responsibly and constructively;
- Broadens, motivates, and supports development of other team members.
- Empowers; Delegates authority and responsibility with accountability and follow-up when needed;
- Sets challenging goals and drives hard on key issues within the customer and the internal team;
- Works to understand and achieve the overall goals of the ASC team and the sales company
Business Management Capability
- Is capable of communicating appropriately with all customer levels.
- Is capable of coordinating with a team of people to achieve the defined set of actions;
- Is responsible for promoting a cooperative relationship between team members;
- Responsible for supporting tooling applications - including the specification, demonstration, and implementation process of technical products within Boeing and other aerospace related final assembly customers as well as tier suppliers.
- Able to discuss in technical detail the product portfolio from Desoutter as it relates to the aerospace market segment
- Project Management
- Support a culture within the ASC team and North American sales company that shares information regarding applications, issues and solutions.
- Work independently, but within a large global organization and coordinate project objectives with offices in Rock Hill, SC; Seattle, Washington; and Nantes, France.
- 5+ years of experience in sales
- 5+ years working in Aerospace Industrial industry preferred
- 3+ years’ experience working with Industrial tools desired
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical and/or Industrial Engineering (preferable) and/or equivalent work experience
- Successful Selling Skills
- Business Negotiation
- Financial Management
- Engineering Skills
- Mechanically Inclined
- Language – Fluent in English, French a plus