Become the new Aerospace Project Coordinator for Desoutter in Seattle, USA!
- Prepare, maintain and continuously improve an open order report for Boeing and potentially other key aerospace customers including Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumman, SpaceX, Airbus and others.
- Interact with the key customer through face-to-face, phone and email dialogue to provide prompt answers to the everyday questions in the management of the business.
- Lead the communication and coordination with Rock Hill office and/or production teams (in France) regarding order receipt and order status on a daily basis.
- Responsible for the preparation and content of the Boeing quarterly reporting requirements as a key requirement of being a direct Boeing supplier - including on time shipment, quality issues, and projected cost savings benefit from the use of Desoutter products.Create the reporting structure to show this to Boeing as specified.
- Manage the spare parts inventory to be held in the Seattle Aerospace Excellence Center. Responsible for proper order fulfillment, inventory, and control.
- Support a culture within the Project Team and Aerospace Team that shares information regarding applications, issues and solutions.
- Able to achieve high level results while working independently, but coordinating within a large global organization.Interface with offices in Rock Hill SC, Paris France and Nantes France.
- Responsible for supporting the Desoutter Aerospace Excellence Center in Seattle.Responsibilities include maintaining demo equipment in "ready" status for demonstrations.Receiving UPS shipments and documenting receipt of inventory or customer orders.Will interact on a daily basis with Rock Hill, SC HQ for processing of shipping/delivery information.
The purpose of this position is to provide the key customer support for Boeing, for which Desoutter is a direct supplier and this is a top priority. Will work closely with the Boeing Key Customer Managers of the Desoutter ASC team as well as the ASC Product Support Engineer to coordinate customer support for order status and delivery updates. Will interface with the Boeing - Seattle area facilities as another level of support and visit the local facilities periodically with the intention of meeting the Boeing personnel that Desoutter is supporting. Will also provide a level of daily management for the Seattle ASC Excellence Center and the conduct of its business functions. A key function will be to prepare the reporting material for the Boeing QBR (Quarterly Business Review) and attend the presentation made to Boeing personnel. Travel to Rock Hill, SC would be involved on a monthly or quarterly basis. Occasional travel to Europe (France) may possibly take place.
Project Team Manager - Desoutter, North America
Work in Matrix with:
- VP Aerospace Segment, North America
- Key Customer Managers - Boeing
- Aerospace Product Support Engineers
- Service Field Technician - Northwest
- Desoutter Customer Service - Rock Hill, SC
- Desoutter Project Team - Rock Hill, SC
- Seti-Tec Project Mgr. - Paris, France
- Support the business goals and project management needs of the Aerospace Team in North America through the management of the daily business activities of Boeing.
- Define Boeing's critical functional statements and report to them according to their standards the information they request in a timely and professional manner;
- Communicate effectively with the North America Sales Company and Product Company on needs for performance improvements to meet Boeing standards;
- Guide the Product Company on root cause problem solving actions for any deviation from performance standards experienced by Boeing or other North American Aerospace Customers;
- Manage the order entry and order tracking process to achieve a 97% on-time rating;
- Communicate reporting expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion;
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel if necessary, coordinate within the company to achieve goals and customer satisfaction;
- Proactively manage changes in customer requirements, project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans;
- Manage the Aerospace Excellence Center to include maintaining it in a very professional standard and having the facility ready at all times to receive customer or distributor visitors
- Manage the demonstration inventory and parts inventory in the ASC center for the purpose of fiscal responsibility;
- Able to work with Excel spreadsheets as well as build and update a price file of thousands of parts
- Develop a high level of understanding in regards to the internal systems used by Desoutter and be able to pull data and compile it from those systems.
- Technical Capability
- High capability with a laptop computer and Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Project, Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Strong ability to understand databases and the organize information;
- Is mechanically inclined to understand tools and their spare parts;
- Financial management skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Effective problem solving skills.