We are currently looking to recruit a Field Service & Commissioning Engineer, in this flexible role you will support the implementation of the service strategy and also support the project team by taking responsibility for specific project and commissioning related activities.
Reporting to the Business Line Manager for Service and working together with the Projects Leader and other key personnel you will be required to adopt a flexible approach to react to the requirements of both Projects and Service departments seeking opportunities to grow the Desoutter Service business whilst maintaining the highest standard customer satisfaction.
The successful candidate shall be able to provide a professional and prompt service to all Desoutter customers on all types of pneumatic & electric tooling.
The successful candidate working together with the rest of the Service Team, Project & Sales Teams to build a establish a market leading Customer Service continually improving the Net Promotor score.
- Repair and maintenance of all Desoutter pneumatic, electric and associated products
- Visit customers to investigate and repair tooling and equipment on a planned and emergency call out basis
- Take responsibility for delivering Service Contracts, conducting review meetings with customers
- Effectively diagnose mechanical and electrical faults on customer equipment
- Installation & commissioning of new equipment & projects
- Installation, diagnosis and resolving issues with high level software and communication systems
- Carry out customer training as required in the general operations of Desoutter equipment
- Identify the parts and costs required to prepare customer quotations
- Plan and organise daily and weekly visit schedules
- Be aware of and enforce Health and Safety regulations in the Service Centre and on site
- Apply good standards of engineering practice at all times
- Assist project team as required
- Maintain test instruments, to ensure they remain in good condition
- Effectively promote the Desoutter company image
- Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Seek to constantly improve customer satisfaction result measured by NPS
- Be prepared to travel throughout UK & Ireland
Specific Job/Business Skills:
The following requirements are essential;
- Have an understanding and an ability to use technical/professional knowledge and information.
- Ability to promote, develop and maintain a culture conducive to quality throughout the organisation and to improve its performance.
- Ability to reason logically and to recognise assumptions to evaluate options and reach sound decisions.
- Understand and demonstrate an awareness of the link between their role and the business.
- Ability to express ideas and receive and exchange information clearly.
- Ability to establish and implement a systematic course of action to achieve an objective effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to maintain clear focus on customer satisfaction; take action when needed to meet the expectations of the customer.
- Able to maintain organisation, ethical and social values in all business activities.
The following requirements are desirable:
- Able to identify alternatives to current thinking; ability to develop and implement innovative solutions to problems.
- Ability to modify style in order to achieve results and maintain effectiveness.
- Able to positively persuade, convince and impress others in order to achieve results.
- Ability to utilise appropriate interpersonal styles and methods during group interactions.
The following requirements are essential:
- Excellent Microsoft Office and computer skills
- Knowledge of electrical / electronic controls
- Experience in mechanical engineering.
- Experience of working with compressed air equipment.
- Previous Service Engineer Experience
The following requirements are desirable;
- Desoutter product knowledge
The following requirements are desirable:
- HNC/ONC qualification in Engineering Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering with City & Guilds Parts 1, 2 & 3
- ONC in Mechanical Engineering
The successful candidate must have a UK work permit to apply for this position.Apply now